🚨 Two pan 30 minute dinner recipe 🚨
▫️ 6-8 oz preferred pasta (we used chickpea pasta)
▫️1 homegrown tomato, or a heaping handful of cherry tomatoes
▫️1/2 white onion, sliced
▫️1 tsp garlic, minced
▫️1 lemon/summer squash
▫️2 T bacon fat or olive oil
▫️2 banana peppers, mild (or bell peppers) de-seeded and chopped
▫️1 lb ground beef
▫️1/2 c Basil, chopped (or to taste)
▫️fresh shaving of parm or smoked Gouda
▫️salt and pepper to taste
1. Cook pasta per directions
2. Add 1 T olive oil or preferred cooking fat to a sauce pan over medium heat. Add garlic, onion and banana pepper once hot. Stir every 2 minutes or so until browned and softened.
3. Add squash and tomatoes to same pot. Keep over heat for ~5 more minutes.
4. While the vegetable medley is cooking, add remaining 1 T olive oil to second pan over medium high heat. Once hot, add ground beef and brown. Stir in salt and pepper to taste (~1 tsp each).
5. Once veggies are cooked down and resemble a light sauce, add in pasta and stir. Turn heat to low for 2 minutes.
6. In a bowl, add desired serving of ground beef, noodle vegetable medley and a handful of basil. Stir all together and the basil will mix in beautifully from the heat. Add cheese and let melt! Enjoy and please let me know if you try it! PS just omit the ground beef for a vegetarian option! ❤️
Duck breast with raspberry tomato reduction, garlic potatoes and sage forest mushrooms
▫️2.5 c blue oyster/shiitake mushrooms, roughly chopped
▫️6-9 sage leaves, stems removed and chopped
▫️1/3 c white onion, diced
▫️About 10 homegrown cherry tomatoes
▫️2 c homegrown raspberries
▫️1 lb potatoes, quartered
▫️1 tsp salt
▫️2 T orange brandy or OJ
▫️1/3 c balsamic vinegar/red wine
▫️2 T brown rice flour/all purpose flour
▫️2 T chicken broth (splash)
▫️2 T butter
1. Score duck skin by making 3-4 small slits per breast with knife. Place duck in cold pan, skin side down. Turn heat to medium low. The goal is to render the fat making crispy skin!
2. Pre heat the oven to 425 degrees. On a sheet pan, mix quartered potatoes, salt and a dash of olive oil. Pro tip - roast on parchment paper for easy clean up. These will take about 35 minutes.
3. While the duck is cooking, melt 2 T butter in a sauce pan. Once melted add orange brandy, balsamic, cherry tomatoes and raspberries. Bring to a simmer and keep there until liquid reduces. Remove from heat and serve! Note: if you want a smoother sauce, you can strain out the seeds and tomato skins. We’re eating as is!
4. Okay, back to the 🦆 - keep it on that medium low heat for ~20 minutes or until the skin is browned. After browning, flip the breast and cook until reaching 125 degrees (roughly 5-10 minutes). Remove the duck from heat to rest!
5. Use the same pan and remaining duck fat to sauté onions and mushrooms for ~5 minutes on high heat. Add sage and turn to medium heat for additional 3 minutes Add splash of broth to scrap the bottom of the pan. Slowly add flour to crisp up the remaining fat, which turns out like a bread crumbs. NO FLAVOR LEFT BEHIND 😉
This recipe allows for the sweet, acidic raspberry reduction to cut through the fat of the duck with each bite! It’s important to think about duck as a red meat more like a steak than chicken in fat content. The final result turned out amazing! Comment with questions or if you try the recipe! PS we used brown rice flour in the mushrooms as we were looking for a fine flour option, but feel free to use whatever you have! Enjoy! ❤️
Becca Wagner-Sharing our love for food, nature, gardening and all the career coaching resources! Explore the blog to get a closer look at recipe development and process with our lifelong commitment to sustaining our land.