🚨 Two pan 30 minute dinner recipe 🚨
▫️ 6-8 oz preferred pasta (we used chickpea pasta)
▫️1 homegrown tomato, or a heaping handful of cherry tomatoes
▫️1/2 white onion, sliced
▫️1 tsp garlic, minced
▫️1 lemon/summer squash
▫️2 T bacon fat or olive oil
▫️2 banana peppers, mild (or bell peppers) de-seeded and chopped
▫️1 lb ground beef
▫️1/2 c Basil, chopped (or to taste)
▫️fresh shaving of parm or smoked Gouda
▫️salt and pepper to taste
1. Cook pasta per directions
2. Add 1 T olive oil or preferred cooking fat to a sauce pan over medium heat. Add garlic, onion and banana pepper once hot. Stir every 2 minutes or so until browned and softened.
3. Add squash and tomatoes to same pot. Keep over heat for ~5 more minutes.
4. While the vegetable medley is cooking, add remaining 1 T olive oil to second pan over medium high heat. Once hot, add ground beef and brown. Stir in salt and pepper to taste (~1 tsp each).
5. Once veggies are cooked down and resemble a light sauce, add in pasta and stir. Turn heat to low for 2 minutes.
6. In a bowl, add desired serving of ground beef, noodle vegetable medley and a handful of basil. Stir all together and the basil will mix in beautifully from the heat. Add cheese and let melt! Enjoy and please let me know if you try it! PS just omit the ground beef for a vegetarian option! ❤️
Becca Wagner-Sharing our love for food, nature, gardening and all the career coaching resources! Explore the blog to get a closer look at recipe development and process with our lifelong commitment to sustaining our land.